Obi Rope is a Unity asset hub that allows you to create dynamic ropes and rods quickly and easily. It offers complete control over the shape and behavior of the ropes and rods, including the ability to resize and cut them. With Obi Rope, you can simulate realistic physics-based interactions between the ropes, rods, and other objects in your game world. This system is based on XPBD particles, which makes it lightweight, detailed, and unconditionally stable.
- Non-linear, non-destructive rope editing using splines
- Procedural smooth mesh generation using splines with normal map support
- Adaptive curvature-based real-time mesh decimation
- Tearable/cuttable rope
- Closed loops
- Two-way rigid body interaction
- Modular solver for optimal performance
- Per module adjustable solver iteration count
- Independent stretch/bending stiffness
- Easy-to-use editor particle tools
- Supports all standard Unity colliders
- Automatic camera culling for improved performance
- Obi Rope is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- XPBD particles-based system is lightweight, detailed, and unconditionally stable
- The package is not based on rigid bodies and joints, unlike other rope solutions
- The system uses oriented particle technology to simulate torsion/twisting effects for rods
- The ropes can be resized and cut, while the rods can offer torsion/twisting effects
- The ropes and rods can collide with the environment and with each other
- Obi Rope offers complete control over the shape and behavior of ropes and rods for a realistic physics-based interaction
- The package comes with easy-to-use editor particle tools such as selection, brush selection, paintbrush, and property smoothing.
- Non-linear, non-destructive rope editing using splines provides instant feedback while editing ropes.
Please note that this asset is a paid asset and this free version is only for learning purposes or to test the product before purchasing. If possible, please consider buying the package to support the developer.